Friday, March 11, 2011

...and even more on Sapphire Beach

I am getting the Ambergris Daily email delivered to my in-box each morning and really enjoy it.  While I do not know the background of the folks who write for this site, I assume there is at least a kernel of truth to this daily dispatch.  Even if they have an axe to grind (and I don't know that they do), I like the way they are willing to challenge the powers that be and don't shy away from a good fight.

Today they report more problems at the now infamous Sapphire Beach resort.  This is the group that was supposed to have paid for my stay in San Pedro.  The last few emails I traded with them were from Sam Gomez because the principals of the project were enjoying the hospitality offered by the Florida penal system.

Ambergris Daily reports that Dan Keeler, who was head of sales at Sapphire Beach, has been fired along with his assistant. These two reportedly sunk around $80,000 USD into the project but due to poor sales they have been removed leaving Sam Gomez and a Mr. Cochrane in charge of the whole resort (or what there is of the resort).

No comments:

Post a Comment